Sunday 31 October 2010

Well That's Just Bazaar.

The church on St. Viateur has been the focus of much interest and curiosity since we got here. This weekend there was a Polish bazaar in the church, and Emma and I knew this was an opportunity too great to pass up.
It was full of cute jewellery, vintage clothes, random crap, lots of old ladies playing card games, and, fairly importantly, food. All pictures are courtesy of Miss Emma Davson, as I left my camera at home after uploading the Hallowe'en pictures from last night. Emma, I salute you.

My dumplings with meat and sauerkraut rank among the best things I've eaten in Montreal. I can't put into words how perfect they were. When I grow up, I want to be an old Polish lady who makes food like this. This, I suppose, is why I love Montreal, and why I don't ever want to live in a city or a country that doesn't have different communities or areas or personalities. I can't imagine life being much fun when everywhere looks the same and is inhabited by the same groups of people.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment